Operation Orange started out as just an idea, as most things do. That idea was to write letters to schools asking, or begging if necessary, to make March 1st an awareness day in high schools. March 1st is already an awareness day but what’s ironic about it is not many people are aware of this, myself included.
There are two people in the world, dreamers and doers. While I do my share of dreaming, in this case I decided to become a doer. Why just schools? Doctors agree that self-injury is an epidemic that seems to be spreading like AIDs in Africa. So what if we could stop it before it starts?
We can. By having an educated group of people out in the real world in the self-injury breading grounds, primarily high schools and colleges. A group of people who know how to deal with situations concerning self-injury, how to spot signs and the true nature of, what I’ll loosely call, a dieses. A group who proudly where the orange bracelet not only on march 1st, but 365 days out of the year, and 366 days on leap years. A group of people who are their when someone needs an ear to listen, a mouth to tell them its okay, and arms to embrace them. A group I wish was there when I realized I was in to deep and needed help.
We are neither anti nor pro self injury and if their was something of this nature sooner, those terms wouldn’t exist. So if you still think that self-injury doesn’t affect you think again. You know someone, weather you want to admit it or not. If you know who Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie or Princess Diana are, you know a self injurer. Unfortunately, there are more of us then you think and our blood is our silent cries for help.
RULES 1) Be curteous and respectful of other peoples feelings. DO NOT disrespect ANY of the members at ANY time or you will be banned.
2) Try and leave atleast ONE comment a week. I know for me, going onto a community and seeing that someone left me a comment makes me happy, so try and pass that on to others.
3) All posts MUST BE FRIENDS ONLY. No exceptions.
4) After you join and are approved please post some kind of introduction, including your first name, age, location, and )although this is optional its recommended) some way of contact; e-mail, aim sn, msn, whatever you have.
5) Feel FREE to post whatever you want. Feelings, a rant, whatever. But, please, any pictures or triggering things put behind an LJ cut with a warning. LJ CUT CODE: <*lj-cut title*="(inserttitlehere)"*> insert post here <*/lj-cut*> just remove the asterics (*'s) and it should work. If not just ask me and I'll help.
5) Do not give advice unless it is asked for, but always give support.
6) Anyone can join. You do not have to be a self injurer to join, just someone who wants to help.
Thanks for respecting the rules guys! <3333's Shelley K. (Op. Oranger Livejournal Director) email@example.com (also @yahoo.com) aim: dramatic freedom